Consider, if you will:
- Today, the world's largest generation of North American teenagers is at hand. Thirty-three million in the US alone.
- The Baby Boomers [today's adults] are 35% evangelical Christians.
- The Busters [today's twenty-somethings] are 16% evangelical Christians.
- At the current rate of evangelism, only 4% of the Millenials [born 1984 until present] will become evangelical Christians.
- The year with the highest number of births in the Millenial generation is 1989.
- 85% of those who commit their lives to Christ do so before the age of 20.
- Over 4.5 million young people turn 20 each year.
- That means that the next 5-7 years will determine, to a large degree, the next 50-75 years of North American history.
Take a look around. Take a look at what's already happening in our world. Take a look at the sleaze in the entertainment industry. Check out the statistics for divorce, suicide, self-injury, murder, homosexuality, rape and pornography. If this is what it's like with 35%, what will it look like with 4%?
A crisis is at hand. A generation is at stake. A continent drifts closer and closer to tragedy.
What are you going to do to stop it?
It's time to do something.
It's time to stop sitting back.
It's time to stop being moved in our heart but not in our actions.
It's time to put our hand to the plow.
It's time for an army to rise up!
It's time to lift up a Battle Cry!
It's time to take back this generation.
Enlist in the army, and let the battle begin.